The Kelly Rooney Foundation (KRF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was formed to continue Kelly’s pursuit of a generation of women fully empowered with the knowledge and ability to prevent breast cancer. KRF is driven to inspire support, research, and eradication of breast cancer in young women.
Each day we honor Kelly’s legacy by fulfilling her mission to:
- Fund breast cancer research aimed at finding a cure
- Support research, education and awareness programs that provide information on risk factors, lifestyle choices and other preventative actions
- Inspire others to take action to help create a world that is breast cancer free
Since inception in 2006, KRF has raised more than $1 million that has primarily funded two key initiatives:
- Raising awareness through BreastCancer.org
- Finding a cure through the Abramson Cancer Center at the University of Pennsylvania
Through partnerships with Breastcancer.org and The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, The Kelly Rooney Foundation seeks to be a catalyst for helping create a generation of women who are breast cancer-free. The Kelly Rooney Foundation marked its 10th year anniversary this summer and celebrates hitting in excess of $1 million in its fundraising efforts, granting $250,000 to Breastcancer.org for education and awareness programs to help young women make healthy lifestyle choices to reduce their risk of getting breast cancer. Another $800,000 was bestowed upon Penn Medicine for genetic research.